Nora coleads our Consumer Packaged Goods Practice in the Netherlands. Since joining McKinsey in 2010, she has developed deep expertise in what it takes to drive growth in consumer-facing sectors.
As an advisor to retail and consumer goods companies, Nora helps executives better understand consumer needs while building their capacity for effective data-driven decision making. She advises on growth strategies, including evaluating and pursuing strategic acquisitions. And she helps drive commercial transformation programs, optimizing pricing and sourcing approaches, and designing more effective value propositions.
Examples of Nora’s recent client work include the following:
- defining a fresh sourcing strategy for a global grocer, including building a customer insights-based quality capability
- building a consumer goods company’s advanced analytics capability by establishing a center of excellence and prioritizing use cases
- providing commercial due diligence for a beverage company looking to make acquisitions in Africa, including assessing market and target attractiveness and identifying synergies
- assessing potential new business models for a US grocer exploring expansion opportunities in food service, ready meals, and online ordering
- designing and delivering an agile transformation for an apparel company, changing how thousands of employees work on a daily basis
- reviewing fresh sourcing for an Asian grocer and building the sourcing team’s capabilities
Nora leads our group focused on fresh-food retail and has published articles on the dynamics facing that industry sector.