Neil is a Partner in the People & Organizational Practice, based in London. He is a leader in McKinsey’s Aberkyn unit, focused on facilitating and enabling fundamental leader-led change in organizational cultures.
Neil has been working as a consultant and coach in the area of organizational change for over twenty years. He works globally and across industries, and has developed particular expertise in the energy and materials sectors, with the related issues of the new leadership and cultures necessary to meet the challenges of the energy transition.
Examples of recent client engagements he has led include:
- A multi-year cultural transformation program for a major global energy sector company, including team development and leadership change for the top 700, preparing it to compete in the new world of low carbon
- A multi-year intervention to develop inspirational change leaders in a broad oil and gas company transitioning to become a leader in new green energy, starting with the top executive team and top 150 leaders
- A global change management initiative for the downstream unit of an oil and gas major, focused on empowering the newly created country and functional teams (25 teams in all, from China to Brazil)
- Top team coach for the UK leadership of one of the world’s largest consumer companies, focused on creating a more collaborative team with a common sense of purpose
- A top 200 two-year leadership development and culture change program for a major UK financial services institution
Neil has served in internal human resource leadership roles throughout his career, and also on the board of a number of not-for-profit institutions. He taught philosophy at Oxford University, and is also trained in psychoanalysis. Before his shift to leadership and organizational change, he specialized in business strategy.