Moira leads McKinsey’s work in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) in the airport sector. She advises airport, metro, and rail station operators and investors across geographies on topics including strategy, financing, operations, and sustainability.
To bring the latest insights to her clients, Moira collaborates with important external aviationorganizations and attends global airport development conferences. Her core focus is on increasing airport and ecosystem resilience against external events and inflation. The methods by which she attempts to achieve this include strengthening nonaeronautical revenue streams, increasing asset productivity, and lowering resource consumption—this includes those from construction, energy, and water.
Moira’s client experience includes the following:
- supporting an investor with stakes in airports throughout Europe and Asia to develop a tailored digital strategy and implementation roadmap for each airport
- helping more than 20 airports across three continents with traffic and growth strategy and master planning
- working with multiple airports on improving operations including aviation, cleaning, maintenance, and handling, which resulted in a range of ten to 20 percent for productivity improvement and higher customer and employee satisfaction
- working with over 25 airports to maximize nonaeronautical revenues and initiatives across retail, food and beverage, parking, advertising, and real estate, which led to an average improvement of 15 percent sales per passenger
- supporting more than 20 station owners and operators with improving station layout, passenger flow and experience, and increasing nonfarebox revenues from retail, food and beverage, sanitary facilities, and offices
- assisting with M&A in the infrastructure industry, including portfolio strategy for investor groups, due diligence on individual acquisitions, and support to governments looking to involve the private sector in asset ownership or management
Before joining McKinsey, Moira worked as a corporate lawyer for a maritime investment fund.