Mike is a leader in McKinsey’s Capital Projects & Infrastructure, Public Sector, and Organization Practices, and heads our work in infrastructure finance in North America and worldwide.
He has worked with numerous private, multilateral, and public sector investors and with private and public sector developers and operators to identify, evaluate, plan and implement major infrastructure projects in areas ranging from transportation, to energy, to water. He also works with equipment and technology companies that target the infrastructure space, and helps clients across all sectors invest in and develop environmentally sustainable infrastructure.
Recent examples of Mike’s client work include:
- Leading a water sector scale-up strategy for a global development bank
- Conducting sell-side diligence on a Latin American toll road asset for an infrastructure private equity fund
- Developing the feasibility analysis, business plan, and financing strategy for one of the largest airports in the Western Hemisphere
- Leading capital project prioritization and acceleration initiatives at three different state departments of transportation in the United States
- Advising multiple engineering and construction companies on their strategy, organization, and operations
- Advising multiple water equipment and technology companies on their strategies to expand their business with water utilities and industrial water users
- Shaping a sustainable cities initiative across multiple sites in Latin America and the Caribbean, including identifying low-carbon development options for cities
- Helping a US state design an “energy resilience bank” for critical infrastructure such as wastewater and transportation
- Advising a government transportation agency on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) for a critical transportation asset, including stakeholder analysis, risk analysis, and financial modeling
Mike is fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish. Prior to joining McKinsey, he worked with Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation in urban development in inner-city Boston, with a focus on economic development initiatives. He currently serves on the McKinsey Global Institute’s advisory council on migration research.
Mike serves on the board of Leadership Philadelphia and lives in Center City Philadelphia with his wife and two children.