Mark brings more than 20 years of experience in the planning, design optimization, and execution of major capital projects. He works with leading organizations in the oil and gas and mining sectors on topics ranging from contracting to procurement to operational leadership. His project experience ranges from deepwater offshore development to complex onshore projects.
Examples of Mark’s work:
- Serving as project director for the planning phase of a $1.8 billion copper mine expansion project, including design optimization and the development of contracting strategies
- Developing the contracting and procurement strategies for a range of major international projects, including oil and gas and mining facilities, infrastructure, and offshore projects
- Using advanced analytics to forecast costs and diagnose project performance for a $4 billion greenfield copper project—and identifying and implementing levers to improve both cost and performance
- Supporting the project planning and execution of a liquefied natural gas development, including defining the overall project strategy and an integrated multi-disciplinary work plan
- Helping deliver remote infrastructure for a major oil and gas development, including pioneering and earthworks, roads and bridges, drilling infrastructure, and support facilities
- Coordinating drilling and gas plant contractors, and developing a baseline schedule to align project stakeholders, on a project that included airfield, pipelines, and onshore gas facilities
Before joining McKinsey, Mark held a series of senior roles in capital-project management with major oil companies. He has lived in Australia, Chile, Ecuador, Italy, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, and the United States.