Marc serves private, public, and not-for-profit clients at the intersection of technology, digital transformation, and cybersecurity. He founded the firm’s work on cybersecurity in private equity across the deal life cycle and leads McKinsey’s Cyber Market Map, a capability that identifies trends in the cybersecurity market and implications for providers, investors, and users of cybersecurity technology. He also leads a firm tool that delivers credible, actionable insights about potential and current compromises, using automated, artificial-intelligence-driven network-flow analysis.
Examples of Marc’s recent client experience includes the following:
- Designing and delivering multi-year cybersecurity growth strategies for a top-5 global telecommunications company, a top-5 US-based aerospace and defense company, and a leading US-based software provider
- Assessing a Fortune 100 consumer-packaged-goods manufacturer’s cybersecurity performance, embedding cybersecurity into its digital transformation, and designing a two-year program of initiatives to drive step-change improvements in enterprise risk management
- Conducting numerous due- and exit-diligence efforts on cybersecurity and other technology assets, including several antiphishing-services providers, a managed security-services provider, a provider of privileged-identity and -access management, an Secure Sockets Layer–certificate provider, a provider of security-operations centers and of security-incident- and -event management, a Domain Name System–security provider, and a provider of license-optimization software
- Delivering multiple cross-portfolio cybersecurity scans and go-forward minimum-viable-security standards for leading, midmarket, US-based private-equity firms operating in the industrial, financial-services, healthcare, and software sectors
- Leading a multiphase growth-and-product strategy for one of the world’s largest managed security-service providers
- Developing a document, reporting process, and set of performance metrics for tracking enterprise cybersecurity for the board of a leading North American bank
Outside his client work, Marc is a regular speaker at industry forums and has published several articles on cybersecurity and related topics.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Marc worked in a range of US national-security roles, and he continues to provide expertise on information warfare to a national naval service.