Luca is a core leader of McKinsey’s banking and insurance work. He has served all types of financial institutions across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Based in Milan, he is also a global coleader of McKinsey’s innovation and client capabilities sectors within the Risk & Resilience Practice.
Luca advises banks, insurers, and other financial institutions on a wide range of issues such as commercial-performance acceleration, advanced analytics, and digital across multiple business areas, including retail banking, wealth management, life insurance, and private, corporate, and investment banking.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- redesigning the overall enterprise risk management framework, such as risk appetite, three lines of defense, governance, for a European company
- assessing the enterprise risk management starting point for an Asian banking and insurance group
- developing a minimum-capital requirement model for an industrial conglomerate through the “cash flow at risk” methodology
- defining the cyber security strategy for a large insurance group
- redesigning the credit risk policies for a leading corporate and investment bank
- improving capital-adequacy calculation and models for a number of institutions
- reviewing risk appetite and credit limits for trade finance and cross-border businesses
- developing an advanced-analytics decision engine for small and medium-sized enterprise’s credit underwriting
- developing a new early warning and credit monitoring system for a corporate bank
- developing three-year and five-year strategic plans for development investments funds and export credit agencies
- reviewing the economic capital model for an export credit agency
- reviewing the risk appetite framework for an export credit agency
- assessing collection and pre-delinquency system for an export credit agency