Liz is a leader in McKinsey’s Healthcare Practice and our Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice. For the latter, she globally heads both the work in capability building in M&A and our offering for programmatic M&A strategy. Liz primarily advises healthcare clients on topics related to enterprise strategy and growth, optimal resource allocation, and M&A—including M&A strategy, proactive deal sourcing, integration planning, and M&A capability building.
Examples of Liz’s recent client work include the following:
- supporting an array of healthcare clients on programmatic M&A strategy development and implementation, including target identification, outside-in pre-diligence, and target outreach and proactive sourcing strategy
- supporting a regional health system and regional payor in developing enterprise strategy, including a portfolio of “bold moves” as well as service line and business unit strategies with capital allocation
- leading programmatic M&A capability-building engagements for a large payor looking to acquire a series of growth assets and for a regional health system preparing to incorporate a portfolio of smaller provider systems
- supporting several health systems in evaluating various joint-ventures and partnership opportunities; this work included strategic vision, business case and synergies, negotiation strategies, and risk mitigation planning
- supporting integration planning and execution for an array of health systems, including regional, super-regional, and academic medical centers; topics included value capture, “day-one” planning, culture and change management, and interdependency management
Liz lives in New York City.