Liz serves a broad range of consumer-facing clients on projects surrounding change and growth in a digital world. She helps clients understand changing competitive dynamics and rising consumer expectations while prioritising the actions that deliver value. In many cases, this means the transformation of some part of the core business, but often also nurturing more nascent capabilities or units. Liz is a leader of McKinsey’s European Consumer Packaged Goods and Retail Practices and McKinsey Digital in London, EMEA, and globally.
Liz’s recent client work includes the following:
- supporting a multicategory consumer-goods company on the global redesign of its marketing organisation and innovation strategy
- defining the digital strategy and ambition for a leading global apparel manufacturer and retailer, defining the operating model to deliver double the growth ambition
- leading the European arm of a digital transformation for a global quick-service restaurant to build the digital organisation from scratch—including structure, capabilities, job descriptions, onboarding, and culture—and define the customer-engagement strategy and minimum-viable-product development for mobile
- supporting multiple national and international retailers to understand what omnichannel means and how it creates value and to define the operating model, prioritisation, and road map to deliver value
- serving several financial institutions to develop a direct digital strategy, operating model, and content strategy as well as to support digital customer experiences
- supporting a global hospitality organisation within a multi-year digital transformation across content strategy, mobile road map, omnichannel strategy, and integrated customer-experience design
- leading multiple private-equity due diligences as an expert in e-commerce and omnichannel retail
- advised a global consumer-goods company on defining an iterative approach to innovation strategy
Beyond her client work, Liz has led McKinsey’s research into how mobile is changing the consumer decision journey in the United Kingdom and the United States, and has published perspectives on mobile shopping—including a TED talk—and digital reinvention. She also coleads McKinsey’s global recruiting and women’s initiative for INSEAD.