Kunal serves federal, state, and local governments, in the United States and globally, to improve service delivery, better meet missions, and promote economic opportunities. He is also experienced in guiding mission-driven companies, not for profits, and philanthropies in developing strategies and improving operations using a customer experience and design approach. Kunal also advises financial institutions and investors on identifying and scaling technology solutions that can drive public impact.
Kunal’s recent client projects include the following:
- conducting detailed customer experience research, benchmarking, and journey mapping with a focus on vulnerable communities to advise government agencies on priority technology and service redesign initiatives
- leading a customer experience and operational transformation for a US state-transportation agency. The effort included a rapid diagnostic of operational data, deep customer and field research, process redesign, and front-line capability building
- setting strategy to close the digital divide within a US state, bringing together data and analytical insights, stakeholder engagement, program design, and public-private partnerships
- creating a digital one-stop-shop for small business permitting by coordinating multiple agencies in a US state. The effort included conducting a technology platform assessment, aligning the processes and data across multiple agencies, and designing a new external interface based on input from local businesses
- scaling new public health infrastructure for a US state, including defining new workflows, building technology solutions, and enabling an effective vendor ecosystem
- advising investors and portfolio companies to better understand the public-sector technology landscape, identify opportunities for growth, and enable ongoing operational effectiveness
Kunal leads community service efforts for McKinsey’s Bay Area office and is a leader of our global social responsibility initiative. Before joining McKinsey, he was an AmeriCorps VISTA national service member and worked across the public and social sector. He is on the board of Generation Citizen, a national youth civic education not-for-profit organization, and Larkin Street Youth Services, a Bay Area not for profit dedicated to ending youth homelessness.