Since joining McKinsey, Kevin has advised executives as they lead transformative initiatives to increase operational efficiency. With deep expertise in the aerospace and defense sector, he helps companies across manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, and product-development issues.
As a leader of McKinsey’s industry 4.0 work, Kevin advises clients on the next-horizon of productivity gains that are becoming possible through technology and advanced analytics.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- driving an Internet of Things product development effort for a tier-one aerospace company, designing and bringing to market three new products that produced an 8 percent growth in revenue
- architecting a multipronged cost-reduction plan for a defense company that reduced indirect costs by 10 percent by realigning engineering, back-office, and procurement outlays
- leading a manufacturing transformation for an aerospace company that removed bottlenecks and drove down capital expenditure investments while nearly doubling production within a key program
- driving a 2-year procurement transformation for an aerospace company that leveraged advanced analytics, sharpened negotiation tactics, and redesigned the supply chain, resulting in a 5 percent reduction in annual spend
- setting up a teardown lab for a large commercial aerospace and defense OEM company which produces business insights, spots redesign opportunities, and negotiates leverage while leading to substantial cost reductions for target products
Before earning his MBA, Kevin attended the United States Naval Academy and served as an engineering officer aboard nuclear-powered Navy submarines.