Jon is the managing partner of our Philippines office. He has about 15 years of experience working across the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and the United States. His background is in energy, such as power and oil and gas, as well as infrastructure within the transportation and logistics sectors.
Some of his recent client work includes the following:
- leading an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategy for large conglomerate for holding and operating companies, which included green business-building opportunities
- leading sustainability strategy for leading energy organization, including setting aspirations, developing decarbonization roadmap and defining sustainability initiatives
- leading operations transformation for a refinery; within 12 months, delivered bottom-line impact across operations, maintenance, supply chain, and trading
- leading holistic transformation for a poultry producer in Australia and New Zealand. Identified growth and improvement potential across procurement, operations, supply chain, and commercial levers equivalent to two times its former EBITDA margin
- developing an energy portfolio strategy for an Asian holding company with diversified asset base across the energy value chain, including market outlook for utility scales and rooftop solar, grid-level storage, and corresponding investment opportunities
- leading the portfolio review for diversified business of a technology conglomerate, validating portfolio strategy and assessing growth, trends, and disruptions, investment diversification, and divestment opportunities
- leading the comprehensive cost management program for a port operator via transformation on nonoperational cost such as reductions and the overhaul of its capital expenditure budget process
- conducting the strategic review of short- and long-term strategy for leading logistics client in Asia, including establishing the business case for M&A program and priority sectors, geographies, and capabilities
Prior to joining McKinsey, Jon worked in the energy sector, in renewables development.