João is a partner in McKinsey’s Lisbon office, having joined the firm in 2005. He is an active member of the Marketing & Sales Practice and the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice in Europe, and has participated in numerous projects, focusing on marketing, sales, and strategy, primarily in Latin America and Europe.
Examples of João’s recent client work include the following:
- defining the consumer fixed-mobile, product offering, and go-to-market strategies for both an integrated European telco and a large integrated telco in Latin America
- restructuring the mobile portfolio of prepaid and postpaid plans of a large European integrated telco including data-monetization strategy
- restructuring the fixed, multi-play service portfolio of a large European integrated telco following its infrastructure upgrade
- setting up a contract lifecycle management (CLM) campaign machine at a large European wireless provider aiming at average revenue per user (ARPU) to maximize stimulation and cross-selling
- defining and implementing the go-to-market and channel strategies for the small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) segment of a large European wireless provider
- defining the corporate and SMB strategic plan for a large European integrated telco
- structuring the cloud computing strategy and product portfolio for the corporate and SMB segments of a large European telco
João holds a degree in telecommunications engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico, and an MBA from INSEAD.