Jess specializes in state Medicaid and social services programs, public-sector data, and technology. She has over 25 years of experience in national, state, and local healthcare programs in government, not-for-profit, and corporate settings.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- crafting integrated health and human services eligibility system, and/or Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) modernization road maps
- assessing technical and operational readiness for Medicaid expansion and for state-based exchanges
- aligning organizational and business transformations with Medicaid IT modernization efforts
- improving governance and data sharing across agencies and localities to improve health and social determinants of health outcomes
- identifying health and human services enterprise opportunities for collaboration to improve customer experience and reduce duplicative IT investments
She has also worked with Medicaid health insurance plans on business-development and data analytics strategy; supported government services companies on their growth and digital strategies; and counseled multiple communities and non-profit organizations on effective, sustainable, and systems-level responses to addressing social determinants of health, and unmet need for behavioral health and substance use services.
Jess was recently named one of the four Most Influential Women in Healthcare IT by HIMSS for 2018. Prior to joining McKinsey, Jess led data and systems for Medicaid at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including authoring major policies governing $5 billion in annual federal investments in state eligibility, claims processing, data analytics and health information exchange systems, establishing the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, and building the flagship national Medicaid data set.