Based in McKinsey’s London office, Jason helps senior decision makers in both the private and public sectors turn ambitious strategic visions into action. He is an expert in sustainable finance, carbon markets, transitioning energy and industrial systems, managing and valuing natural resources, and ensuring inclusive economic development. His clients include multinational financial institutions and corporations, international organizations, and government agencies.
As executive director of Vivid Economics, a McKinsey company, Jason has supported clients in projects including:
- helping a major European retail and commercial bank define its net-zero commitment and integrate it into its business strategy
- working with an energy company to assess the impact of climate-related policies on the long-term viability of its assets
- supporting a North American bank with a transition risk analysis for commercial real estate and agriculture counterparties
- helping an agricultural company in Asia assess the impact of climate change on its business and define critical risk-mitigation actions
- conducting a climate-risk impact analysis for one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, with deep dives into a sample of key companies
- working with a new environmental foundation focused on finance for biodiversity to drive thought leadership on how financial institutions should account for impacts on the natural world
Earlier in his career, Jason was regional director for the Global Green Growth Institute, overseeing programs in Latin America, Africa, and India and supporting public- and private-sector investment decisions in the energy, transport, agriculture, and forestry sectors. He led the strategic development of cleantech R&D, incubation, and seed-funding programs at The Carbon Trust.