Gustavo is a partner in McKinsey’s Sao Paulo office and the leader of McKinsey’s work in Latin American for digital payments. He has over 15 years of consulting experience focused on financial institutions, payments, and digital business and has worked with the main contenders of these industries in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
Gustavo has extensive experience in commercial strategy for payments companies both issuing and acquiring, partnerships between payment companies and other industries, and digital-payments business building.
His recent client work includes the following:
- leading an at-scale efficiency transformations for a large bank in Brazil
- developing a digital-health ecosystem for a large retail company
- guiding a digital-transformation program for a large Brazilian bank to redefine its IT and operations requirements and support the bank’s digital strategy
- leading the big data strategy and capabilities assessment to support a large bank in building their big data area while focusing on retail and payments opportunities
- assisting a bank’s customer-lifecycle management strategy for credit cards by leveraging new digital channels and advanced analytics