Frank leads our consumer-goods and retail sector in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. He also leads our global retail-operations group globally and is the managing partner of our Cologne office.
Frank seeks to expand the impact of our support to global and European retailers as well as packaged-goods manufacturers and logistics service providers as they address critical aspects of operations in the consumer-goods industry. He works with executives in an advisory capacity to transform existing supply chains and design new operating models to control costs, increase margins, and enhance competitiveness by doing more with less. Beyond operations strategy, Frank’s interests in operational effectiveness have led to projects focused on optimizing selling, general, and administrative (SG&A) functions and achieving successful zero-based budgeting.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- developing of a 5-year strategy (addressing both growth and cost optimization levers) for a German consumer-goods manufacturer
- portfolio strategy with confectionary player in Europe building analytical foundation to create transparency on true cost of complexity, creating ideal portfolio/reducing the number of SKUs and designing complexity management governance
- comprehensive revenue-growth-management program with food player in Germany across consumer pricing, promotions, and trade terms
- redesigning the planning and forecasting process of a leading retailer based on machine learning and artificial intelligence
- orchestrating a two-year, comprehensive transformation program for a leading food manufacturer that covered planning, manufacturing, plant network, logistics, and supply-chain organization
- comprehensive operating model design (structure, processes, systems, capabilities) for leading a consumer-packaged-goods company across all functions and layers of the organization to increase agility and boost efficiency
- helping a leading consumer-packaged-goods company execute a service-level turnaround with a control-tower approach that comprehensively improved sales and cost to serve
- redesigning the network—including sorting-center design—of a leading courier, express, and parcel company
- developing the business strategy for a leading logistics service provider
Keenly interested in the future and dynamics of the consumer industry, Frank frequently publishes works to share insights and spark debate. He wrote his doctoral thesis on electronic-transport marketplaces. Frank speaks German and English.