Fangning is a leader of the Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Practice in Greater China and for the last 14 years has served pharmaceutical and medtech companies on topics related to business strategy, R&D, medical affairs, organization, and transformation. She began her career with McKinsey in the New Jersey office before moving to Shanghai in 2010.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- supporting a leading Chinese biotech firm’s preparation for an IPO
- formulating an innovation strategy for a leading global healthcare company in China
- formulating a growth strategy in China for a leading multinational pharmaceutical company
- developing a portfolio strategy for a leading Chinese biotech company
- helping a leading multinational pharmaceutical corporation develop a medical-affairs transformation roadmap across the Asia-Pacific region
Fangning’s broad network includes leaders from multinational and local companies, and she hosts regular executive roundtables for China’s R&D and biotech leaders. She is also a regular speaker at leading healthcare conferences in China. She spent several years spearheading efforts to establish a drug-innovation index and has written about innovative topics in the medtech and pharmaceutical industries.
Before joining McKinsey, Fangning worked as a research scientist at Pfizer’s Global R&D center, conducting drug-discovery research as a medicinal chemist in anti-infectives, immunology, and oncology. She earned her MBA in marketing and strategy from Kellogg School of Business. She is currently a board member of The BayHelix Group.