David is a leader of sales and channel work in Europe as well as a coleader of the firm’s dealers, aftermarket, and distributors segment. He also leads The Sales Navigator, McKinsey’s approach to measure and benchmark sales effectiveness across sales channels. Over the past years, David has gained experience in growth and go-to-market strategies, sales and pricing excellence programs, and postmerger management within industrial high tech, automotive, and assembly in China, Europe, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
David’s PhD studies focused on corporate responses to direct and indirect effects from climate change.
Examples of David’s recent client work include the following:
- developing a sales-growth program for a premium automotive OEM in the United States, including dealer enablement, performance management, lead generation, and conversion modules, which achieved a 4 to 6 percent outperformance in year-over-year sales growth
- designing an outside-in, market-driven account prioritization and coverage model for an industrial equipment provider in Ireland, Germany, and the United Kingdom
- creating a sales growth program for multiple country organizations of a European high-tech and equipment provider, achieving more than 6 percent growth in orders after 12 months
- setting up and rolling out a merger value creation and growth plan (including cross-selling and up-selling) from a merger situation across more than 40 country organizations globally, with on-site support in seven markets
- developing the project selling and execution target process for a large European infrastructure provider
- leading a sales-growth and loyalization program across Europe for a European automotive company