Daniel is the global co-leader of McKinsey’s Chemicals & Agriculture practices.
Daniel focuses on improving the performance and health trajectory of agricultural businesses and chemicals companies through multiyear journeys. Specific areas include corporate strategy, digital and advanced analytics across all key functions, innovation, and change management. He has worked with clients all over the world, including China, Europe, Israel, Latin America, and South Asia.
Since joining McKinsey, Daniel has developed expertise across the agricultural value chain, including global agricultural inputs, investment, and technology innovations. Amid rapid changes and disruptions in the food supply chain, he helps companies define successful growth strategies, including pursuing and successfully executing M&A.
Examples of Daniel’s recent work include the following:
- driving a three-year global enterprise transformation program at a leading agricultural inputs company, delivering over $1 billion of recurring impact to the bottom line, with over 4,000 employees directly involved
- supporting a business transformation program at a global chemicals company, integrating it with the SAP S4/HANA migration and tailoring key design choices
- leading a global corporate strategy for an agricultural-inputs company, modifying go-to-market strategy in key sectors, and setting up a new R&D strategy to accelerate innovation
- supporting a global two-year mega-merger in the agricultural-inputs sector, while helping to put in place a new operating model and design signature processes
- driving the turnaround of a midsize agriculture equipment company, delivering over two-times EBITDA improvement in 2020 annual results, and bringing their Organizational Health Index (OHI) from third quartile to first quartile, within a three-year period
- supporting a digital transformation program, leveraging advanced analytics capabilities by QuantumBlack, primarily in manufacturing productivity and pricing excellence
- leading a partnership with a leading bio-engineering platform to help several clients achieve productivity gains in microbial solutions
Interested in sustainability efforts, Daniel recently directed several initiatives driving insight and proposed action plans to reimagine the role incentives could play in shaping the agriculture sector, climate change, agriculture’s 1.5-degree pathway, and the emerging carbon credit market opportunity.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Daniel served in the Israeli intelligence community for over seven years. He served in various command and management positions, including the command of a key department. Daniel holds a BA in economics and political science from Tel-Aviv University.