Brant leads McKinsey’s technology and Cloud efforts across Asia, where he has nearly 20 years of experience advising and leading global organizations and teams in technology and operations. He helps companies transform technology from a business enabler to a critical driver of the change, bold bets, and modernization that let businesses thrive.
Brant specializes in performance improvement of corporate, public sector, and defense organizations, with a focus on banking through large-scale digital and analytics technology transformations, including technology operating model design, large program delivery, core system modernization, agile ways of working, infrastructure redesign, cybersecurity, and strategy.
Examples of Brant’s recent work includes the following:
- transforming a large Asia–Pacific financial-services provider, including designing the strategy and operating models, business and IT, redesigning the cloud strategy and technology sourcing approach, redefining agile ways of working, globalizing the workforce to ensure the most effective sourcing of different resource types, and modernizing the core technology infrastructure and supporting cloud strategy
- defining the end-to-end digitization approach for a leading North American financial-services company, starting with customer journey redesign, setting up a center of excellence, and overseeing the core system renewal investments required
- setting the digital strategy for a large Asian financial services provider, identifying markets in which to launch digital attackers and defining a multiyear approach for modernizing its core technology environment
- designing the information and communications technology operating model for a large defense department, enabling modern ways of organizing, working, and collaborating within the complexities of national security
- architecting and launching a digital transformation at one of the largest public-sector entities in the United States, starting with business origination and continuing through servicing and other journeys
- launching a digital transformation at a South American bank, starting with account opening and broadening beyond
- architecting a program to deliver on the digital strategy of a large Australian bank, including sizing the overall investment and estimated impact of customer journeys and setting up enablement, core systems, talent, and a mechanism for capability building