Björn is a senior partner in our Paris office. He works with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, health systems, payors and providers on cancer-related topics. He leads the McKinsey Cancer Center globally and is also a leader in our Life Sciences Practice in France. With a PhD and post-doctoral training in molecular oncology, he is a respected peer of both senior executives and research scientists.
Björn’s work covers the whole value chain from early discovery strategies through clinical development to commercialization and reimbursement for cancer medicines. In addition, he supports health systems leaders and manufacturers in defining “adequate outcome” approaches to cancer treatment and developing innovative collaborations to serve patients’ needs.
Recent examples of his work include:
- Leading an 18-month programme involving multiple health systems globally to improve care and outcomes in colorectal cancer
- Helping a client to design the clinical trials for its oncology therapy
- Supporting a number of biotech and pharmaceutical companies in developing go-to-market strategies
- Advising on local, regional and global launch readiness programmes for primary care and specialty care drugs
- Working with a number of pharmaceutical companies to achieve a comprehensive transformation of their R&D function
Outside his client work, Björn leads McKinsey's Cancer Congress Series of satellite meetings at major global professional conferences such as the American Society for Clinical Oncology.
Before joining the London office, Björn worked in our Berlin and New Jersey offices. He continues to serve clients in Europe, the United States, Japan and throughout the world.