Ben is a senior partner and a leader in our Cleveland office. He has been with McKinsey for over 22 years and is a leader in the Retail Practice as well as our work in product development and procurement. He is passionate about driving large-scale impact and industry disruption. Regardless of topic and client, Ben draws the most energy from helping clients build new capabilities to achieve and sustain higher performance.
Recent examples of Ben’s work include the following:
- leading ten-year growth plan to disrupt industry and outpace market for a luxury retailer
- spearheading the loyalty program design and execution, which was grounded in world-class customer experience for a luxury retailer
- developing a five-year growth strategy for a private-equity owned home-goods retailer; built a detailed plan to grow the top line by two-fold and bottom line by three-fold, self-funded
- launching a margin expansion program spanning category management transformation, customer-level pricing and supply chain redesign for a national industrial distributor
- implementing the procurement transformation for a large health insurance provider in the United States
- establishing the procurement and supply chain transformation for a fast, casual, mission-driven restaurant operator
- researching the performance and impact of arts institutions in America; collaborated with several leading orchestras and art museums to identify drivers of performance and impact on the communities each serves
- producing digital strategy to bring classical music to the community without the need or availability of in-person performances for global orchestras
Ben has spent his time at McKinsey in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and South Korea. He has a deep interest in pro bono work, and a real passion for the Cleveland Orchestra, Business Volunteers Unlimited, and Ohio’s economic development. He lives in Cleveland with his spouse and son.