With deep expertise in the energy sector, Antonio coleads our electric power and natural gas work in Southeast Asia, and supports utilities and governments to define and implement bold long-term strategies for improved performance and sustainability. He has advised governments in developing national energy strategies, helped utilities reconfigure their operations to achieve efficiency and unlock growth, and shaped alternative-energy strategies for clients around the world. Before moving to Southeast Asia, Antonio worked in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
Examples of Antonio’s recent client work include the following:
- developing a 10-year strategy for a Southeast Asian utility company, including its core-operations strategy and domestic and international growth plans
- designing and executing an operations-improvement program for a leading global utility, including the design of a new organization and the development of a roadmap to achieve best-practice performance across multiple divisions and regions
- supporting a national regulator in increasing the competitiveness and attractiveness of a local electricity sector
- supporting the ministry of energy of a Southeast Asian country to develop a 20-year national energy strategy plan covering electricity, oil and gas, renewables, and energy efficiency
- shaping an alternative-energy strategy (covering nuclear and renewables) for a Middle East government agency, including setting aspirations, identifying energy-mix targets, selecting technologies, and assessing the impact on localization
Antonio is the coauthor of several reports on the future of the energy sector in developing regions. He is passionate about capacity building and formed part of the leadership team at Studio ergo Lavoro, a national initiative to improve the transition from school to the workplace in Italy.