As a partner in McKinsey’s Risk Practice and leader of McKinsey’s work in market and trading risk globally, Anke has expertise in risk management at financial institutions. She focuses on risk within corporate and investment banks, market and trading risk, operational and compliance risk, control frameworks, three lines of defence, regulation, and organisational transformation.
Some examples of Anke’s recent work include the following:
- implementing the requirements of the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB)
- developing and implementing new market risk methodologies, including value-at-risk and portfolio stress testing
- revamping the front-to-back trading risk infrastructure
- establishing control frameworks and three lines of defence
- optimising the balance sheet, leveraging McKinsey’s proprietary balance-sheet optimizer tool
- leading stress testing and capital management programmes such as US Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR)