Andrew is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Canada office. He has spent more than 20 years serving clients on issues including growth, digital, frontline sales, customer experience, and cost transformation.
Examples of Andrew’s recent engagement experience include the following:
- partnering with a leading Canadian retailer on a more than $1 billion cost transformation, including procurement, supply chain, labour, and automation
- architecting a simplification program for a global telecommunications company to leapfrog on customer experience and digital, with $500 million in earnings before interest, depreciation, taxes, and amortization per year
- building a product platform and agile organization for a financial-services organization needing to digitize, which included architecting a series of labs to digitize key banking journeys
- turning around a retailer, including a top-to-bottom reorganization, store-operations improvement, and $100 million in procurement savings
- supporting the Government of Canada’s Economic Growth Council by developing ideas to stimulate inclusive growth
- designing a global digital-marketing organization and a series of playbooks for a global bank that improved its digital-marketing return on investment by three times
- driving a multiyear sales transformation for a cable company to deliver $1 billion in incremental annual revenues in its key channels, especially call centres
- starting up a retention centre for a cable company grounded in customer analytics and predictive models
- designing a marketing and sales transformation for a telecommunications company, including reorganizing more than 3,000 employees
Andrew has led McKinsey’s recent research into Canadian economic growth, reskilling, the impact of automation, and gender diversity. He is on the board of directors of Century Initiative and The Conference Board of Canada. Before joining McKinsey, Andrew spent several years as an investment banker in Canada and Europe.