André serves global companies across a wide range of industries—such as advanced electronics, high tech, medical devices, automotive, and machinery—with a strong focus on hardware and software product-development excellence, operations, and digitization.
He started his career at McKinsey in 2012, when he joined the product development team in the firm’s Operations Practice in Munich, Germany, following a career of more than ten years as an R&D engineer and manager in the high tech industry. Between 2012 and 2018, he supported leading organizations across Europe, with a special geographical focus on Denmark, Finland, Germany, and Sweden.
Examples of André’s recent client work include the following:
- executing a lean R&D transformation at a leading high tech company
- designing and running a product quality-excellence program at a medical devices company
- installing a best-in-class portfolio and product management system at a software company
- transforming the operating and organizational model of the full procurement function at a global high-tech company
- defining various digital strategies and transformation programs for machinery companies in different areas
André moved to McKinsey’s Tokyo office in 2018 to support Japanese companies to get to next level of growth and productivity by leveraging the breadth and depth of expertise acquired along his career of more than 18 years.