András brings substantial hands-on managerial experience to the challenges of guiding successful banking transformations, drawing on expertise in information technology and business.
András joined McKinsey in 2018, following 15 years working in the banking industry as an executive and an advisor. Formerly a top executive at one of Hungary’s top banks, he oversaw strategy and operations as well as the technology that supports it. During this tenure, András developed expertise in fully leveraging CRM and data warehousing systems, optimizing business processes, improving service delivery, and investing in enterprise architecture.
In his current advisory work, András partners with banking clients to address a range of strategic and operational challenges. He helps banks become more customer-focused and service-oriented while making use of the right technical platforms and systems.
Examples of András’ recent client work include the following:
- defining a go-to-market strategy for a new segment for a bank, with a focus on customer segmentation and new sales
- restructuring a bank’s operations to reach cost-cutting targets by consolidating IT architecture and infrastructure, improving reliability, and converting IT into a service-oriented organization
- revamping and implementing a new business intelligence strategy, including consolidating fragmented business intelligence capabilities
- leading the consolidation of a fragmented banking sector transformation program, defining a new strategy and implementing a new IT platform for savings cooperatives
- developing and implementing an end-to-end sales process for a retail bank
- defining a new CRM strategy and leading implementation for a bank, transforming the sales team into a customer-oriented organization
Prior to joining McKinsey, András worked for a leading multinational professional services network as external advisor and at one of Hungary’s top banks. He holds a degree in information technology.