Abhijit co-leads Semiconductors in the Americas. He has spent time in our Delhi, Silicon Valley, and Southern California offices and specializes in helping semiconductor, industrial, and automotive clients on strategy and operations issues.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- developing integration-support programs (deal strategy, preliminary diligence, integration planning, and execution) for industry-defining mergers across the semiconductor value chain—which includes equipment, fabless, and integrated device manufacturers, and systems—that are well received by the industry and have met strategic and value-capture objectives
- creating operations-transformation programs for various semiconductor and industrial companies that have driven 20 to 30 percent improvement in throughput, cost, and cycle time across manufacturing and assembly plants
- developing R&D-optimization programs (including portfolio strategy, product road mapping, platform strategy, process improvement, and offshoring strategy) that have improved R&D effectiveness and efficiency for semiconductor and systems clients by 15 to 30 percent
- generating growth-strategy programs for core and noncore business building for semiconductor and automotive clients affected by technology-driven disruptions
- leading due-diligence projects focused on the semiconductor and industrial space for private-equity and corporate-investment organizations
Abhijit also co-led the acquisition and integration of Numetrics, an R&D planning and benchmarking solution.
Abhijit convenes McKinsey’s T-30 summit for top executives (CEOs, COOs, and CFOs) from technology, semiconductor, and industrial companies. The summit is a platform designed to foster dialogue, share learning, and debate among friends in an informal setting. Abhijit has also spoken on key industry trends and their implications at several industry conferences, including those organized by the Global Semiconductor Alliance and Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International.