Florian is a partner in McKinsey’s Electric Power & Natural Gas Practice. A leader in the practice globally, he helps direct our work on clean technologies and renewable energy with a particular focus on wind.
As a permanent member of our Electric Power & Natural Gas global knowledge committee, Florian has spearheaded research initiatives focused on offshore wind, solar, power-market scenarios, and potential utility value-chain reconfigurations. He is also responsible for McKinsey’s offshore wind operations and maintenance (O&M) benchmarking initiative, which has been running successfully for over four years.
Florian works primarily with energy clients in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, advising them on the energy transition and issues related to strategy, growth and innovation, regulations, clean tech, O&M, and procurement.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- helping an offshore wind operator improve the performance of its O&M business unit
- advising a client’s power-trading team on how to redefine its business model through advanced analytics and digital
- supporting a leading utility in redefining its growth strategy in light of the increasing popularity and decreasing cost of renewable energy
- establishing an advanced-analytics lab for a wind operator
- helping a solar developer increase growth targets by broadening the scope of its business and redefining its business model
- advising a leading utility on growth opportunities in energy storage
A German native, Florian has been living in Norway since 2006. He is an enthusiastic trail runner and cross-country skier.