Eva is a core leader for retail banking and wealth and asset management within McKinsey’s Financial Services practice in Europe. She leads our work on growth and remote advisory services in retail banking globally.
Since joining McKinsey in 2011, Eva has provided support to executives at a range of financial-services firms including banks, insurance companies, and institutional investors. She is passionate about helping executives stay in front of change in this rapidly evolving sector, eager to contribute to fundamental shifts and more innovative ways to provide services.
When working with retail banks, Eva draws on expertise in identifying growth strategies, optimizing distribution to boost commercial performance, and directing large-scale distribution and transformation programs. For investors and insurers, she focuses on renewing corporate strategy and pursuing large-scale transformations.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- directing a company-wide transformation program for a leading global life-insurance company that helped control costs and set a foundation for growth
- guiding an enterprise-wide transformation program for a leading European bank that was focused on increasing productivity in the retail and small and medium-enterprise (SME) businesses, and across group functions
- redesigning a growth strategy for a large Northern European retail bank, while also simplifying core processes, restructuring the front and middle office, and investing in enhanced remote and digital capabilities
- creating a cross-European ecosystem strategy for an insurance company to support growth in the life-insurance business
- architecting a retail distribution strategy for a leading Western European retail bank with a focus on branch and remote advisory services
- leading a strategic review to identify and enhance advantages of scale for a European asset manager.
Before joining McKinsey, Eva worked in private-wealth management.