Seungheon leads our Operations and RTS Practices in Korea. He is also a leader of McKinsey Implementation and Operations Practices in Asia.
Since joining McKinsey, Seungheon has offered advisory support to leading global companies across industries. He has particularly strong expertise in industrial sectors, guiding projects for automotive manufacturers and suppliers, electronics and components manufacturers, and heavy industrial companies, such as construction firms and shipbuilders.
Working with top executives, Seungheon often supports performance-turnaround efforts and operational transformations. He directs capital-productivity improvement for engineering, procurement, and construction projects. He also helps guide mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence and postmerger transformation. Focused on growth, Seungheon advises on new-business development and go-to-market strategy.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- guiding a 3-year holistic performance transformation program for a leading automotive tier-one supplier, including lean manufacturing, strategic sourcing, design to value, industry 4.0 digital transformation, and capital-expenditure optimization
- leading strategy development, transformation planning, and an implementation-program-management office for a leading engineering, procurement, and construction company seeking a turnaround and performance transformation
- directing turnaround strategy development and restructuring planning for a global automotive OEM
- developing a shipbuilding industry-restructuring plan for a government in Asia and the world’s three largest shipbuilding companies
- leading a 2-year transformation program to boost productivity for a massive offshore plant-construction project involving a global oil major, a world-leading engineering company, and prominent shipbuilding company
- directing procurement and supply-chain-management transformation for the Korea Ministry of National Defense
- guiding mid-term strategy development and supply-chain-management transformation for Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power
Seungheon directs McKinsey’s Internet of Things new venture in Asia. In this capacity, he draws on more than 5 years as a project manager at Samsung Electronics, where he led next-generation semiconductor memory development. Seungheon also has served as an adjunct professor at the Graduate School of Innovation & Technology Management at KAIST, the university in Korea where he earned an undergraduate degree in physics.
Seungheon is the partner sponsor of recruiting for McKinsey in Korea.