Maya leads the Public and Social Sector Practice in Japan and is one of the leaders in the People & Organizational Performance Practice. Over the past two decades, she has provided expert advice in two areas: (1) Economic development and growth in Japan and in developing countries, across a range of topics such as sustainability, digital transformation, industry competitiveness; (2) organizational issues, including on organizational design, culture transformation, leadership development and talent management. She serves as executive coach and advisors to senior leaders, driving large scale change and globalization efforts.
Previously, Maya was based in the U.S. for 13 years (in Boston, New York and Washington, DC) and worked with numerous public- and social-sector institutions and development organizations.
Examples of Maya’s recent client projects include the following:
- Drive digital transformation and organizational change in a public sector agency
- Support data-driven management transformation in a leading life sciences company
- Conduct organizational health diagnostic, design people strategy and implement various initiatives at a consumer goods company
- Facilitate development of mid-term strategy for public and private sector institutions
- Design and conduct leadership workshop for top management effectiveness, women leadership development with a public sector agency
- Conduct feasibility study for new business building using digital platform in a South Asian country
- Organize a start up accelerator program for start ups in Southeast Asian countries
- Identify private sector investment opportunities in East Africa
- Support the identification of strategic investments in emerging economies in a range of sectors (such as electric power, healthcare, small-and-medium-size-enterprise finance, agriculture, and switch to digital technologies)
Outside her client work, Maya has led internal initiatives on future of work, agile organization, and women’s leadership. She has also played an active role as a female leader in McKinsey’s in-house All In initiative and now leads overall people function for the Japan Office.