Koichiro is a core leader of the automotive and assembly sector in our Japan office and serves traditional Japanese manufacturing companies to support their transformations.
Koichiro is also a core leader of the Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice in Japan and his expertise includes strategy development, daily operation, and strategy execution.
Examples of Koichiro’s recent client work include the following:
- designing and executing the company-wide cost transformation of an automotive supplier
- leading the resource reallocation strategy and capex optimization for an automotive supplier
- developing the new business of an automotive OEM
- defining business domains for a new growth opportunity for an automotive supplier
- designing digital transformation for an automotive OEM
- supporting the joint venture negotiation for an industrial machinery OEM
- implementing the company-wide transformation of an industrial machinery OEM
Koichiro is passionate about making sustainable change happen in traditional organizations involving broad stakeholders, from top-management to frontline employees. He has supported CSOs and CFOs to design holistic strategy including inorganic growth and resource reallocation, and worked with the companies to implement those strategies.
Outside his client work, Koichiro wants to disseminate the knowledge and expertise of the firm to Japanese people, and led translations of McKinsey books such as Strategy Beyond the Hockey Stick, Valuation 6th, and Valuation 7th.
Koichiro’s previous experiences include investment work in a Japanese trading house and research and analysis work in the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).