Harold serves global resource-based companies—such as oil and gas, basic materials, and electric power—across strategy, operations, and digital and analytics topics in Japan, Asia, and North America. He is passionate about bringing the power of digital and analytics to his clients and the resource-based sector, as such Harold also leads our digital and analytics work in this sector in Japan.
Examples of Harold's recent client work include the following:
- developing a sustainability strategy for a Japanese company with mining assets
- leading a procurement and digital transformation for a major Japanese power-generation business
- supporting an advanced analytics strategy and implementation for an integrated North American oil and gas company
- leading a digital-lab building effort, from operating model formulation to initiatives delivery, for a North American pipeline operator
- leading a digital and sustainability strategy for a leading coal and copper mining company
In addition to his client work, Harold leads talent attraction for the Japan office.
Prior to moving to Japan, Harold was based in McKinsey’s Singapore and Calgary offices.
Before joining McKinsey, Harold held multiple operations and digital-focused roles at a major technology company in Singapore and Ireland.