Rajat is a senior partner and the managing partner for McKinsey’s seven India offices. He advises leading companies on topics related to strategy and performance transformation. With a passion for creating lasting impact with clients, he has supported dozens of companies across Asia and Europe on transformation journeys to become preeminent national and global leaders.
A leader in innovation and competency-building, Rajat founded centers of competence in India, which centralize functional expertise in topics such as analytics, product development, manufacturing, and purchasing. He was also instrumental in setting up the Digital Capability Center Gurugram, a learning hub for Industry 4.0 topics. He has collaborated with entities in the public, social, and private sectors to fuel the growth of Indian industries.
Examples of Rajat’s recent client work include the following:
- developing a transformational strategy for an automotive company’s Indian and Latin American markets
- improving profitability, revolutionizing sales force and dealership capabilities, and developing a long-term growth strategy for a leading auto-component company
- helping a life-sciences company build capabilities to achieve operational excellence
- contributing to discussions on growing India’s GDP and spurring job creation
- supporting a national trade association enhance members’ global competitiveness
Outside of McKinsey, Rajat works to create enduring impact for communities in India. He cofounded the TIME India Awards, a collaboration between McKinsey and TIME magazine that recognizes excellence and innovation in Indian manufacturing. He is also a founder and sponsor of Ashoka University: Leading Liberal Arts and Sciences University, in India.