Based in Tel Aviv, Jonathan coleads McKinsey’s global corporate and business functions work and shared-services work. He has over 20 years of experience working with companies in pharmaceutical, medical products, media, consumer products, and other industries on shared services, outsourcing and offshoring, and IT-strategy projects.
Jonathan often speaks on business-technology topics, including shared services and offshoring and outsourcing at conferences. He has been cited in publications, including the Financial Times and leading IT trade publications.
With university degrees in both computer science and business, Jonathan helps his clients employ digital technologies and operational improvements as a source of business value. His work often includes designing corporate function strategies and operating models, setting new shared-service and sourcing strategies, and can also encompass operational redesign, technology-enabled operations improvement, post-merger integration, and organizational restructuring. He helps executives make the most of emerging business opportunities in digital and advanced analytics.
Jonathan’s recent work includes the following:
- redesigning the finance function for a leading healthcare organization including developing the new vision for the finance organization, designing a streamlined operating model and developing the detailed transition program to the new model
- leading the design and implementation of a comprehensive shared service that included finance, IT, analytics, and client-facing support operations for a top healthcare company
- developing a roadmap for automation of end-to-end support functions for a leading medical-products company
- designing general and administrative functions for post-merger integration for a leading consumer company, including assessing future-state IT and finance-operating models to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness
- designing a shared-services transformation for a global industrial conglomerate, including a detailed roadmap for enterprise-resource-planning consolidation
- designing a shared-services operation for a leading publisher, including the integration of finance, human resources, IT, and purchasing activities, and the creation of a consolidated infrastructure for digital operations
Jonathan also convenes McKinsey’s global business-services leadership forums, where leading shared-services executives assess trends, discuss best practices, and share sample journeys in implementing and sustaining effective shared services.