Andrew is a senior partner based in McKinsey’s Toronto office. He currently leads McKinsey’s global Public & Social Sector Practice, which includes our client service for governments and state-owned and linked enterprises around the world. Prior to this role, Andrew was the managing partner of McKinsey’s Canadian office locations.
Andrew has spent 25 years serving clients on topics including digitization, customer and citizen experience, omnichannel distribution, growth, and productivity transformations. He has co-led McKinsey’s research into Canadian competitiveness, diversity, inclusion, and decarbonization.
Examples of Andrew’s recent client experience includes the following:
- helping redesign the delivery of key governmental service journeys by deploying digital and analytic tools, standing up new agile ways of working, and building a permanent journey lab team
- supporting the stand up of a new investment attraction agency for a provincial organization
- building a product platform and agile organization for a financial-services organization needing to digitize key banking journeys
- working with a leading retailer on a cost transformation, including procurement, supply chain, labor, and automation, valued at hundreds of millions of dollars
- architecting a simplification program for a global telco to leapfrog on customer experience and digital, with $500 million EBIDTA per year
- supporting a council on economic growth tasked with ideas to stimulate inclusive growth
- designing a global digital marketing organization and series of global playbooks for a global bank that improved its digital marketing return on investment threefold
- driving a multiyear sales transformation for a cable company to deliver $1 billion in incremental annual revenues in its key channels
Andrew is on the board of directors of the Century Initiative and the Conference Board of Canada. He was previously chair of the board of trustees of the United Way of Greater Toronto.