Alejandro leads McKinsey’s operations transformation work in Latin America. His extensive expertise includes strategic and at-scale transformations in service industries, including financial services, telecommunications, transport, and retail, and in industrial sectors, such as basic materials, energy, and consumer packaged goods.
Since joining the firm, Alejandro has led more than 60 transformation programs in multiple countries.
Examples of Alejandro’s recent engagements include the following:
- leading a lean, multiyear customer-experience transformation, including an employee-experience transformation that redesigned client journeys, branches, the contact center, and support functions, for a financial services client
- supporting a financial services company’s digital transformation by developing a digital strategy definition and implementation that included end-to-end process digitization, digital marketing, and advanced analytics
- assisting a lean transformation in the transport sector through development of a company-wide program that trained employees in lean methods and significantly reduced rolling-material breakdowns and unavailability
- helping a telecommunication company’s operations transformation by designing a company-wide program that identified and implemented cost reduction initiatives
- managing an operations transformation in the oil and gas industry by designing a new operating model to reduce operating expenses by 20 percent
- developing an operations transformation for a pulp and paper company by implementing a new operating model and cost reduction initiatives across the organization
- leading a multicountry organization’s collections transformation, which delivered $40 million on credit losses reduction
Before joining McKinsey, Alejandro worked for a global telecommunications company in strategy and business intelligence functions.