Yogesh is a leader in McKinsey’s Operations Practice. For more than 15 years, he has advised McKinsey clients across the industrial, automotive, retail, and consumer-packaged-goods industries as they set operations strategies and execute large-scale performance transformations. He helps pursue growth, optimize global manufacturing and sourcing footprints, transform end-to-end global supply chains, and enable step-change capability building in design-to-value and lean approaches.
Drawing on experience in hands-on operations roles, Yogesh also helps executives understand the wave of disruptive innovation that is changing the landscape in operations. Big data, advanced analytics, additive manufacturing, the Internet of Things, robotics, and artificial intelligence are collectively driving a revolution, and as the leader of our Operations 4.0 initiative, Yogesh helps companies harness their power to produce dramatic and sustainable productivity breakthroughs.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading a North American commercial-vehicle company’s end-to-end turnaround, which resulted in a significant rebound in profit margins
- orchestrating a $3 billion industrial company’s business transformation and organizational restructuring across its procurement, supply-chain, manufacturing, and logistics functions, which delivered bottom-line impact
- driving a large-scale, five-year global performance transformation, including project-portfolio prioritization, global network design, and economic-model upgrade, for a tier-one commercial-vehicle supplier
- directing a consumer-electronics company’s diagnostic and performance transformation, which uncovered direct material-cost reductions through supplier-cost modeling, design-to-cost methods, and strategic negotiations
- creating a medical-equipment manufacturer’s operations-improvement strategy that identified annual savings by optimizing vertical integration, improving the sourcing and manufacturing footprint, and establishing lean manufacturing approaches