Yasir is a leader in McKinsey’s Transformation Practice. Over his 18 years with the firm, he has worked out of the Atlanta, Stockholm, and Sydney offices and served clients globally on strategy, transformation, and organization. He has driven transformational work in wide-ranging industries, such as packaging, OEM parts, building products, agriculture, chemicals, construction materials, industrial chemicals, retail, mining, and oil and gas.
Examples of Yasir’s recent client experience include the following:
- building and driving a global materials company’s commercial transformation program, creating three business units and establishing a commercial-excellence playbook that included account management, pricing, channel strategy, and sales effectiveness, resulting in a program that the company has been running six years after McKinsey involvement
- leading an oil and gas company’s agile and technology-based transformation, including setting up a transformation office, building an organization model around agility, and redefining the technology approach to increase implementation of innovation
- establishing a paper-products company’s customer-retention war room in pre- and postmerger management contexts, including developing customer-retention plans and marketing- and sales-function consolidation, establishing new marketing and sales processes, and ensuring zero customer loss during integration
- developing and implementing a Europe-based global agrochemical company’s transformation program, including development of tools, methods, and processes to improve sales execution for internal sales, external sales, and technical support, driven by assessment of customer and market needs
- designing a B2B tissue manufacturer’s growth strategy , including implementation of global key accounts, differentiation of pricing schemes, and improvement of marketing-program performance management, in light of the disruptive technologies changing the competitive set and routes to market
Prior to joining McKinsey, Yasir worked for five years as a project engineer and later as an area sales manager for a global company that develops and produces insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites.