Vidhya is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Malaysia office. She has supported regional clients across sectors, including the public sector, telecommunications, and manufacturing, with large scale transformations driven by digital, analytics, and technology. She was most recently based in Sri Lanka where she helped build and co-lead McKinsey’s Sri Lanka office.
For many years, Vidhya led McKinsey’s work on digital government and the digital economy in Asia. In this capacity, she helped government agencies employ digital technology to deliver new services and improve existing ones, while operating more efficiently and with greater transparency. She has guided large-scale transformation programs spanning the social, economic, and financial sectors. In low-and-middle-income nations, these transformations include leveraging technology for the improvement of education and healthcare.
In addition to her public-sector work, Vidhya also advises high-tech and telecommunications companies as well as contract manufacturers. In these sectors, she guides organizations on tech-enabled transformations, external spend/procurement-driven cost transformations, manufacturing productivity improvement programs and more.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- Supporting apparel manufacturers with external spend/next-gen procurement driven cost transformations (non head count related costs) to double their operating profit, while ensuring an uplift in the livelihoods and capabilities of their frontline workforce
- Supporting an apparel manufacturer with tech enabled transformation on their journey to become a World Economic Forum lighthouse in apparel manufacturing
- Managing several digital strategy and implementation projects for a large regional telecommunications company, including setting the overall strategy for building a digital business unit from scratch
- Charting the contributions that a multinational technology company could make to the “smart city” agenda, helping to create a self-assessment survey for their clients to determine how well they are embracing digitally disruptive technologies
- Supporting several Asian governments to develop their digital-economy blueprint
- Helping a Scandinavian government evaluate their digital maturity and develop a national digital government and digitalization agenda
- Assisting the government of an Asian country with the design and development of a transformation program that focuses on national priorities, addressing issues such as crime and corruption and transforming the state of education
Vidhya has led a masterclass on the future of digital government at several meetings of the Global Government Summit, an annual event for senior government leaders and ministers from around the world. She has also served as a fellow with the McKinsey Center for Government, a global hub for research, collaboration, and innovation in government performance. Vidhya publishes frequently on the digital opportunities for improving government as well as on women in the workplace. She also led our work with World Economic Forum on creating gender parity lighthouses and is a leader of our All In, Diversity and Inclusion programs across Asia.