Thomas is a partner with our London office and leads our global work on carbon markets. He helps clients achieve ambitious net-zero strategies, invest, and grow along the carbon and climate-technology value chain.
Thomas also coleads our knowledge partnership on the Inevitable Policy Response, a climate-transition forecasting consortium that prepares investors for risks and opportunities associated with an acceleration of policy responses to climate change.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- setting climate commitments and designing the roadmap to achieve these for an asset owner
- creating and embedding a long-term climate strategy for a bank
- helping with the strategy of a climate-focused fund and carrying out commercial due diligences
- estimating the potential impacts of a new carbon market
- sharpening and validating the value proposition of a climate start-up
Thomas has published extensively about carbon markets, most recently on the interactions between market stability measures in linked carbon markets and on the use of carbon revenues.