Soenke uses his extensive expertise in business-to-business (B2B) marketing and sales to advise chemicals clients on all topics related to pricing, sales and channel management, sales-force organization, capability building, and strategy. In addition to his client work, Soenke helped develop Periscope, McKinsey's B2B sales performance-management tool, and he helps lead the McKinsey Capability Center's work on B2B pricing. He joined McKinsey in 2001.
Some of Soenke's recent client projects include the following:
- supporting several European specialty-chemicals players on holisitc commercial-transformation programs that addressed the full spectrum of marketing and sales levers, including strategic marketing, pricing, sales-force excellence, and customer management
- helping a petrochemical player in Eastern Europe develop a program to improve its marketing and sales processes and organization
- assisting a European specialty-chemicals player with a restructuring program aimed at optimizing its business-support functions, go-to-market approach, and sales efficiency
- supporting a specialty-chemicals company on a market assessment and go-to-market strategy
- advising a European chemicals company on its pricing, contract management, and product strategy and delivery model
Soenke holds a master's degree and a PhD in industrial engineering from Technical University Berlin. He also earned a master's degree in international management from ESCP Europe in Berlin. Fluent in German and English, he also speaks conversational French and Spanish.