Shankar is a partner with McKinsey, based in Mumbai. He specializes in performance transformation, strategy, and cost-reduction programs across industries, including engineering and construction (E&C), infrastructure, metals, and cement.
Examples of Shankar’s recent client projects include the following:
- spearheading a comprehensive digital transformation for a leading Asian E&C company, implementing a diverse range of use cases to deliver $200 million in annualized savings
- developing a profitability turnaround program for a leading E&C organization in the Middle East
- leading a strategy effort for a leading conglomerate in India to develop a B2B digital platform
- serving several government organizations focused on transportation infrastructure on strategy, organization, and cost reduction
- creating a logistics blueprint and driving reduction of logistics spend for a leading steel manufacturer in India
- delivering a procurement cost-reduction program for a leading metals and mining company in India delivering $75 million in annualized savings
Shankar holds an MBA from Indian School of Business with ISB Merit Scholarship, awarded to outstanding scholars.