Scott leads McKinsey’s corporate performance management team globally, which focuses on modernizing corporate functions by unlocking the value in digital, process, and capabilities.
With over a decade in industry as a finance executive, Scott advises institutions on a wide range of finance topics, including financial planning and budgeting, performance management, operating-model redesign, and digital and technology enablement. In that role he advises finance executives in all industries across both the public and private sector.
Scott is also a member of the Zero-based productivity (ZBP) council, helping McKinsey advance the topic by driving innovation through new technologies. He has led more than five large-scale programs and advised dozens of firms on the subject.
Examples of Scott’s recent experience include the following:
- leading an internal financial planning and analysis (FP&A) transformation globally, focused on planning, budgeting, and workforce management
- leading the delivery and deployment of an integrated digital finance and analytics roadmap for a global pharma client, allowing a disjointed approach and team to align on a single vision
- leading an industry-first (in mining) digitization of cashflow optimization using a global cloud-based planning software, enabling global scenario modeling of macro-economic variables across very diverse assets, previously too complex to fully integrate into a single model
- serving as the global thought leader in ZBB, leading multiple global Zero-based productivity programs, resulting in over $1 billion in cost out
- leading over ten FP&A corporate finance transformations focused on operating model and structure, including offshoring, outsourcing, and digitization
- leading an internal FP&A technology replacement, creating a single, integrated and driver-based planning environment including macro-level levers down to 20,000 individual employees
- leading the technology enablement of sales and marketing platforms including revenue growth platforms, such as pricing, go to market, market segmentation, and price-volume mix assets across industries
Scott speaks frequently on the topic of digital finance with technology platforms and investors.