Sarabjit is an associate partner with McKinsey Implementation based in Bangkok, and a specialist in e-commerce and digital consumer businesses. He works with consumer and retail companies to build online businesses, from concept design and planning, to rapid pilots and scale-up. He also leads the B2C e-commerce service line for McKinsey in Southeast Asia.
Examples of Sarabjit’s recent work include the following:
- building a new e-commerce business for a diversified conglomerate; launching the first pilot in eight weeks, and scaling up to build a team of more than 80 FTEs in 12 months, generating 30 percent month-on-month growth in gross merchandise value in the first year
- benchmarking of e-commerce marketplace economics in South East Asia
- researching the rapid growth of social e-commerce in the region, and developing a diagnostic toolkit to help clients build capabilities to be successful
- advising a mobile-payments provider on their broader digital ecosystem strategy
- setting up the first fully-automated “self-pay” convenience store in a frontier market in Southeast Asia; from conception to launch in less than three months
- leading the digital opportunity assessment for a retail company in Thailand
Prior to joining McKinsey, Sarabjit was a technology entrepreneur in Singapore. In 2007, he cofounded a software start-up and led the company until its sale to a leading technology provider in 2011.