Rafael leads Build by McKinsey in Latin America, which is the firm’s technology delivery people unit and comprises a community of software engineers, architects, designers, and product owners. He helps organizations develop targeted digital strategies, mobilize investments and resources to execute on them, drive the cultural transformation required for the digital era, and develop the capabilities within the organization to successfully sustain transformations over time.
He brings more than 20 years of experience with defining and delivering new digital businesses, and helping established enterprises accelerate growth by driving digital and analytical transformations. He works across industries, for example helping build digital banks, insurance technology groups, marketplace ecosystems, and online travel agencies.
Examples of Rafael’s recent work include the following:
- supporting a Latin American unicorn with building a travel vertical for its app to increase revenue
- helping a well-established, traditional media company transform itself and attract new talent
- building a digital wallet start-up for an incumbent bank
- helping a procurement start-up identify growth opportunities and build a digital strategy to accelerate and support long-term growth on its way to becoming a unicorn
- supporting many companies through M&A procedures by leading digital and tech integrations
Prior to joining McKinsey, Rafael cofounded a local search website, which was listed as one the of 250 best companies in the world in 2010, and in 2012, as one of the ten most innovative companies in Brazil. In addition to his work with McKinsey, Rafael helps new entrepreneurs as a member of H2, a global leadership network for the digital industry.