Olivier is the director of knowledge for payments, serving our global clients on a wide variety of payment- and card-related topics. He has worked in the payments area since joining McKinsey in 1999, advising clients on their complex issues and managing payments-related projects and workshops.
Olivier's recent client projects include:
- assisting a Northern European card-processing utility with the redesign of its product and services offerings across regions
- helping a Southeast Asian banking association develop a national plan to accelerate the digital-payment evolution
- leading major due-diligence efforts for top merchant acquirers and global payment-hardware specialists in Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East
- supporting a European telecommunications player and a Northern European media specialist within the development of new digital-payment strategies
- helping domestic payment-infrastructure players in several countries outline a strategic response to international payment developments
Olivier is also deeply involved in McKinsey’s payment and transaction-banking knowledge development, leading efforts on the profitability of markets, digital solutions, and regulatory trends. He is considered by many to be a key influencer in the industry and is a visible presence at high-profile conferences. He also serves on the editorial board of the firm’s McKinsey on Payments publication, to which he is a frequent contributor.