Matthew leads McKinsey’s Design Practice in Japan and has more than 20 years’ experience in helping organizations apply design to create business value. He has supported multiple clients across many industries in designing and developing physical and digital products. Matthew brings deep expertise in supporting global healthcare and life-sciences companies, including medical-device manufacturers, to improve product design.
Examples of Matthew’s recent client work include the following:
- helping a global medical technology company build a value engineering department
- designing a national program to train medical technology companies in developing products for emerging markets
- supporting an advanced manufacturing company in Japan with developing its first product in a new category
- developing an omnichannel sales process for a global medical-technology company
- supporting a global pharmaceutical company in developing an AI-powered sales tool
- helping a Japanese energy utility company build a new digital real-estate business